Mr. Izgi graduated from the high school Istanbul Erkek Lisesi in 1980. In 1985, he received a BS degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Bogazici University. In 1987 he received an MS degree in Electrical Engineering from Syracuse University in New York, USA; his area was telecommunications.
From 1987 to 1997, he was an instructor at the undergraduate level and he worked at various projects.
He was a manager in Nortel Networks (Netas) between 1998 and 2000.
He was a project manager in Turkcell between 2000 and 2004. His work included quality management at technical projects, configuration and management of routers, design of Intranet infrastructure, management of IT security systems, database management, ERP, annual investment plans, and network performance.
Some of the projects he managed include: IT infrastructure for credit card systems of banks, portal design, LAN and WAN systems, generic server platform for third party companies, and vehicle location information system.
Some of his responsibilities in the projects included:
- Helping to determine constraints and assumptions
- Developing the project management plan and its updates
- Determining corrective actions to be taken
- Completing all actions necessary to get a baseline of schedule and cost
- Process adjustments
- Figuring out the activity list, activity duration estimates and activity sequencing relations
- Generation of project archives
- Supervision of the usage of Microsoft Project tool
- Statement of Work (SOW) generation
- Formation of project team directory
- Generation of reports and presentations for the project
- Generation of performance reports
- Identification and response plans for risks
- Preparation of contracts
Since 2005, he has been working in Istanbul Kurumsal Gelisim. He gives instruction at courses like IT Project Management, Case Studies, PMP® Exam Preparation, Methodologies and Applications of Project Management, Certificate Program in Project Management, and Microsoft Project.
IZGI is a member of PMI® located in USA and holds the Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential given by this institute. In addition, he is one of the reviewers of the fifth and sixth editions of the text, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide), which is published by PMI®.
He is fluent in Turkish, German and English.
Copyright © 2018 Can İzgi – All Rights Reserved.
PMI, PMP and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.